Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Getting Reviewed!

Woo-Hoo! They're starting to talk about my new books!

Spacebound #1 just got reviewed by George Marston at Newsarama:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/best-shots-comic-reviews-101018.html
(about 2/3rds down the page)

I wished they'd been kinder to Matt - thought his Mastorism deserved better! Have to admit, I did like this part:
Writer Mike Luoma has a strong grasp of how a story should be told, and conveys his ideas clearly through the dialogue and plotting.
And he was kind to Meisha:
The art on this story, by Meisha, is top notch. Great storytelling, clear panel construction, and expressive inking...


AND Decapitated Dan reviewed Good Samaritan: Unto Dust #1 over at From The Tomb:
http://fromthetomb.wordpress.com/2010/10/19/good-samaritan-unto-dust-1/

He wasn't as kind to my writing (though in my defense, Good Samaritan was written before Alibi... just sayin'):

...I enjoyed the story a good deal as it went out, but I found it to be a little too sporadic. In one instance we were at point A, then on the next page we jumped to point C. I missed the middle ground in there. The dialogue was good, but again a little choppy. I found the action to be the highlight here though. I find the characters intriguing enough to come back and with a good cliffhanger ending I plan on it.
If you do reviews and want to review either comic book please let me know-
Email: glowinthedarkradio@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment