Tuesday, January 01, 2013

And Now For The New Year... Hello 2013!

"...and so it begins..."

Words that have been used many times in literature, movies and TV shows; however, in my brain the words are spoken in the voice of the Vorlon Kosh in Joe Straczynski's Babylon 5... 'cause that's the way I'm wired. I'm also hearing Dan Wilson's voice singing "...every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end..." as Semisonic's "Closing Time" plays on my cranial radio. The new year does bring with it some new beginnings and the old one ushers out with it a few odds and ends.

Got a lot of new creative work out in 2012. The challenge in the new year will be in promoting what's out there and creating more cool stuff that people will want to read and explore. The next Alibi novel will be building off the just-released short story "Alibi Jones and the Ghost In The Machine" in the Hunting Ghosts anthology. I've been writing and outlining that project, and it will probably be my next major writing project. Probably. But there is this other thing... takes place in the true Arthurian past and the far future in Alibi's & the Vatican Assassin's universe. Been wrestling with pieces of it for years. Might wrestle with it some more and see what happens.

And there will be comics in the new year! Glow-in-the-Dark Radio Comics! The imprint is born anew. As 2012 ended, Ben Ferrari decided to fold Earthbound Comics. Sad as I was to see that happen, I understood Ben's reasons - there's no bad blood between us. And the artists I work with have all agreed to continue on as a revitalized Glow-in-the-Dark Radio Comics! My new issue twos from Red Hot, Good Samaritan and Alibi Jones will still be appearing, only now from Glow-in-the-Dark Radio Comics. I'm emailing with an artist right now about turning my romantic comedy miniseries Strike Out! into a reality, a new project in the works. There's a final issue of the Vatican Assassin adaptation yet to come, one of the first releases from the new Glow-in-the-Dark Radio Comics!

That's some idea of what's ahead as we sail on into the new year...

No comments:

Post a Comment