Friday, May 04, 2018

Spotlight Song of the Day - Lo Moon "All In"

I love this song... before I get into it, though - in case you haven't heard, or to remind you - I'm back on the radio! AND you can listen to me all over the world - on WBKM.org! Noon Eastern time every weekday. PLUS I'm helping program the station even when I'm not on the air, so aside from the many fine specialty shows on the station, you're hearing a mix I help create. Listen in!

You just might hear Lo Moon "All In"...

We were introduced to Lo Moon very slowly, beginning with the September 2016 release of the brilliant "Loveless", their first "single". Of course, a track that clocks in at over seven minutes isn't really a single... I didn't care. The majestic build, atmospherics, the tension and the release as the timpanic drums roll in created such anticipation - could not wait to hear more from this band!

But we would have to. They had a plan...and Anticipation was its name-o. They'd release a few more songs, and over a year would pass, before the album finally came our way, at the end of this February. We got "This Is It" in May of 2017, "Thorns" in October, "Real Love" in January of this year, "My Money" in mid-February, just before we got the album itself - the self-titled Lo Moon - on February 23rd. Almost a year-and-a-half between the release of the first track and the album!

I did get to see the band live, at about the halfway point - in August of last year, out a radio music conference in Boulder, Colorado. They were amazing - really moved me, in a brief outdoor performance, under a tent, outdoors, after lunch. Lo Moon is a band whose sound seems suited to dark clubs, cool lighting and fog billowing across the stage, but they managed to create the mood, the vibe, and the feeling even in almost diametrically opposed surroundings.

Give a listen to Lo Moon - you'll certainly hear echoes of Peter Gabriel and Talk Talk, both obvious influences on the band - but you'll also hear the sound that is Lo Moon, a fusion of those earlier inspirations which then goes on further, to become its own new thing. Check out "All In"




No comments:

Post a Comment