Friday, June 01, 2018

Spotlight Song of the Day - Million Miles "Ice Cream and Cigarettes"

Hey! Been a while. Like... almost a month! Two reasons - hadn't heard anything that made me jump up and shout, "I must shine a musical spotlight on this!" And? I've been busy working on this streaming station you need to know about - WBKM.org! Join me live each weekday at Noon (ET), and check out the mix I help set up the rest of the time - we've put together an adult alternative radio station that doesn't insult your musical intelligence. You can listen on TuneIn, too: WBKM - Burlington's Kinda Music. Our app is in development now.

Maybe it was all the focus on my new gig, but nothing brand-new really grabbed my attention. Until last night - as I listened to a wave of new releases, there were several tracks that hit me - that demanded I pay attention. Which was good, as I was lining up music for Fresh Cuts. Which, as I write, is coming up in a couple of hours, Friday at Noon on WBKM.org. The new tunes lined up to take their turns in the spotlight, too - got some new Spotlight Songs of the Day on the way.

First, I'd ask you to listen to the amazing vocals of Sophie Baudry - Million Miles - on this new one "Ice Cream and Cigarettes" - man! She makes a statement here, establishes an immediate presence, blows you away with the pureness of her tone coupled with an emotional investment that shines through her talent and vocal prowess. She's good! Her PR makes her sound worldly as well - raised in Paris, lives in London, trained at the Berklee School of Music in Boston - and she wrote and recorded her debut EP in Nashville.

The EP - Berry Hill - came out back in November, but is only now surfacing and garnering attention. Sometimes, it takes a while. But a talent like Sophie Baudry's  can't long be denied - listen to "Ice Cream and Cigarettes" and see what you think. Check it out!

YouTube:


Spotify:


And remember to listen in to WBKM.org at Noon (ET) on weekdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment