Monday, December 19, 2011

Best Tunes of 2011

It was a pretty good year, despite Hurricane/Tropical Storm Irene's attempt to wash some of Vermont off the map. Pop culture-wise, while much was cringe-worthy there were some real gems - take Game of Thrones, for example. I think it's the first time a TV series got me reading a book series - and both were fantastic.

It feels like music is getting better - more bands are doing creative, interesting things. Of course, I've been exposed to more new music over the last couple years, so that may be coloring my judgement. As I get into new releases by bands with histories, I do like having earlier releases to go back to check out.

I've been asked to pick my Top Five Albums of 2011 a couple of times, so I've had to think about it... it keeps changing... so this top five is my third different one I've committed to print!

Number Five: Opeth - Heritage

Number Four: My Morning Jacket - Circuital

Number Three: Blitzen Trapper - American Goldwing

Number Two: Bright Eyes - The People's Key

Number One: Frank Turner - England Keep My Bones


There are more picks from this year on this YouTube Playlist:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1713F7DEB5B65C0C&feature=mh_lolz

No comments:

Post a Comment