Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 In Review - Music


Last day of the year – good excuse to look back and assess stuff as the year draws to a close. Here's a little list of great albums for 2012. Played songs from my Top Five albums of 2012 on The Point earlier today – I'll include the song I played next to those five in this slightly longer list:

Top Albums of 2012 - In No Particular Order, Kind Of...

The Avett Brothers – The Carpenter ("The Once And Future Carpenter")
John Fullbright – From The Ground Up ("Jericho")
World Party – Arkeology ("Everybody's Falling In Love")
Joe Jackson – The Duke ("I'm Beginning To See the Light...")
Django Django – Debut ("Default")
Donald Fagen – Sunken Condos
The Beach Boys – That's Why God Made The Radio
Frank Turner – Last Minutes and Lost Evenings
Shearwater – Animal Joy
The Smashing Pumpkins – Oceania
Swale – A Small Arrival

There were more cool albums released, some I'm just not remembering as I write this, others just didn't click with me personally – this is a subjective list, not a critical assessment.

Up next – Creative Highlights!

No comments:

Post a Comment