Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Artist Wanted: Romantic Comedy

Want to try something different? I've written a romantic comedy, a three-act – three issue – miniseries called Strike Out! I'm looking for the right artistic collaborator to bring it to life.

Mike Luoma here – http://mikeluoma.com – looking for the right artist or team of artists to collaborate with on this unique project, primarily pencilers, but this is a different sort of story so I'm open to different ideas, so long as the storytelling works. The books will be published by Earthbound Comics in the new year – very cool they believe in this. The script is ready to go. I'll be handling the lettering and production.

Still trying to make a name for myself and get my work out to a wider audience. Have gained enough traction that my books get reviewed and the work gets noticed. You may have seen or heard about The Adventures of Alibi Jones #1, Introducing... RED HOT! #1, Souverain #1 and Good Samaritan: Unto Dust #1 – all released by Earthbound Comics. I've also released books under my own imprint, Glow-in-the-Dark Radio Comics, like Vatican Assassin, Panthea Obscura: Deifornication, Everybody Lies and more.

One caveat - This is not a cash up front job. Creators working with Earthbound Comics get a comp and can then buy issues at cost to sell to make profits, somewhat akin to putting out your own book. Beyond that, Earthbound does offer back-end percentages dependent on sales. There's more information at their site: http://earthboundcomics.com/index.php/submissions/terms-for-creators/ As your collaborator, I'd be sharing the IP on the story with you. If you're in for all three issues, we're co-creators.

If all this sounds good to you, maybe you'd like to join my team. Get in touch – email me at glowinthedarkradio (at) gmail (dot) com.  

No comments:

Post a Comment