Monday, June 12, 2006

End Of An Era

I was handed my "termination immediately" letter this morning by Hall Communications, after 18 years on the air on WIZN. I brought it on myself: I neglected to update the station's concert line for over two weeks (I've been pretty distant, unfocussed and spacey lately... and hating hearing the ads for Father's Day). I was already on probation, so the axe fell. I'm still a bit stunned by it all, but I'm trying not to stop going, doing, working, communicating (like I am here, I suppose). I've updated my resume and posted with Monster.com and on All Access. Called Mom, emailed my brother and sister, talked to Tim, my brother. Spoke to my friend Joe Egan who owns a recording studio, told him I was available for voice work. Sent an article to my pal Casey at Seven Days to see if he thought it was worth anything, to work up some freelance possibilities. I even called up my old boss, Steve Cormier, who's been on a rival station (a bitter rival, grrr...) for years, just to see if there was anything available there. Dave Parker, another jock from 'IZN just called with his sympathies. I go back to clean out my office later this afternoon, not really looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment