Saturday, May 10, 2008

Looking for Artists/Collaborators

Well, I've been posting on Digital Webbing and had a couple of nibbles, but no real success on finding a collaborator on these projects. Here's what I've been posting:

I'm going to pitch this but have no guarantee it will be picked up. At the very least this will be a web comic, so we may be able to make some cash that way. No illusions, no promises. You feel like taking the chance? Read on...

I'm looking for an illustrator for Vatican Assassin. It's 2109. The Universal Trade Zone (UTZ) rules the Earth alongside its ally, the New catholic Church (NcC). They're at war with the Universal Islamic Nation (UIN), the Muslims now exiled to Mars. We follow the lead character as he works as an assassin for the NcC...

More in a bit.

I'm Mike Luoma, a writer and artist, mostly writer. I've just put out a second edition of my Holy Shit: Or... Pat Robertson Is The Anti-Christ which I wrote, drew and self published. And Troy Brownfield on Newsarama raved: "...it's for books like this one that I love doing this column... a damn fine example of what 'independent comic' really means. The fact that it's entertaining, informative and occasionally gut-bustingly funny is all icing..."

I'm also putting out Panthea Obscura: Deifornication with Juan Carlos Quattordio. Newsarama said, "Brought to you by Mike Luoma, the guy who did the sublime Holy ____!: Or Pat Robertson Is The Anti-Christ, Panthea Obscura trades heavily on two trademarks that Luoma established in that earlier book: a fine eye for cultural weirdness, and lacerating humor..."

So there's that...

Vatican Assassin is a science fiction adventure set in the near future. Bernard Campion or "BC" as he's better known, kills people for the Pope. As the story begins, he's on the Moon attempting to assassinate the Governor of Lunar Prime. But it's not going so well...

Vatican Assassin is already a novel and a Podiobooks podcast. It's the first book in a Trilogy. Book Two: Vatican Ambassador is out now, and it's an ongoing podcast at Podiobooks. I'm working on the third draft of Book Three: Vatican Abdicator right now. Well, I'm writing this post right now, but you know what I mean.

A couple years back I was approached by a now-defunkt company interested in adapting Vatican Assassin to the graphic form. Unfortunately, the company fell apart, no hard feelings... but the idea was planted. I scripted a ways into the book and did layouts for the first five pages.

If you're still reading, thanks! If you're interested in maybe collaborating on this, drop me a line at glowinthedarkradio@comcast.net. My website is glowinthedarkradio.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment