Friday, December 01, 2017

Best Tracks of 2017

Hey, look at that calendar - it's December! That time of year when some of us get the urge to look back at the year that was - for me, the urge comes in music. It's the way I'm wired. So, here you go - this mix is HUGE - over 60 songs! Starts softer, finishes harder... Posted over at 8Tracks.com - my Best Tracks of 2017!

Now, technically, I'm kind of an "authority" on music, being the Music Director for The Point - Vermont's Adult Alternative Radio Network (http://pointfm.com) - I help pick out the new stuff you hear on the radio. But how one enjoys music is an incredibly subjective experience - and my end of year lists and collections are all admittedly my own, subjective opinion, through and through. This is not qualitative  nor authoritative - when I say "Best", I'm saying "This is what I liked". Simple as that.

If I didn't include something you think was awesome, that doesn't mean I'm saying you're wrong! Heck, let me know about it, if there's something that stirs your musical passion - email me using the link here on the blog, or find me on facebook or twitter. My lists reflect the music I seek out and what gets sent to me for work - so they do lean "Adult Alternative" in format.





Here's what I wrote over at 8Tracks: "As it winds down, time to listen back to some of my picks for the best new music releases from this year...Spoon, elbow, Low Cut Connie, many more! Huge mix - over 60 songs! A range of styles, mostly within the realm of Adult Alternative - starts softer, finishes harder, roams around in between (at least, the first time through). All from 2017 - Enjoy!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment