Monday, April 23, 2018

Song of the Day Spotlight - In the Valley Below "Pink Chateau"

Slinky. Sexy. Sensuous. Playful! All of the above, really... and it sticks in your head, too. "Pink Chateau" comes from the Elephant EP from In The Valley Below, husband and wife duo Jeffrey Jacob Mendel and Angela Gail Mattson . The EP was released last July, but "Pink Chateau" was put out as a single and video more recently.

Gail says the tune is "an invitation to sex." She's singing about her Pink Chateau in the valley below... hmmm. Not especially subtle, but not screamingly obvious, either. And as I said, incredibly catchy! This song has managed to lodge itself in my subconscious - it keeps floating back up into my mind, insinuating itself into my thoughts, until I find myself singing, "Simmer down, it's indigo..." or "I've got something you don't..."

If you're ready to get a song stuck in your head, give a listen:




You can read a little more about the band in the Atwood Magazine article that Gail's quote above comes from: http://atwoodmagazine.com/itvb-elephant-interview-valley-below/.

No comments:

Post a Comment