Friday, April 20, 2018

Song of the Day Spotlight - Leriche "Nomadic Heart"

Before I get to the song, a word about what I'm doing and who I am... I hope to shine a light on songs you might otherwise miss, less obvious discoveries the usual blogs and radio stations haven't clued into. There is so much new music being brought into the world every day. Streaming services, radio stations and the rest can only bring you so much. And sometimes, too much! They mean well. But they sometimes end up, in the interest of offering variety and depth, throwing too much at the listener.

Maybe we're entering a new era where people will look to voices they trust to recommend new music. Call us "Curators" or Music Directors or Critics - there could be more use for gatekeepers who refine the flow as the volume continues to gush out. Could just be wishful thinking. I'll offer this and we'll see. Actually, not as a Critic. I'd rather not be a critic - I've done that, and I don't like it. I don't like pointing out weaknesses and faults in music. I'm only going to bring you new tunes I can get behind.

That said... why should you listen to me? Well... I do have a track record (pun intended). Last eight years I was Music Director for The Point in Vermont, an Adult Alternative radio network. Found many a great tune for the radio, sometimes discovering of artists like SYML, Nathaniel Rateliff and the Nightsweats or Lorde. My "ear" is for music that tries for a certain universality, while maintaining its own identity and originality - songs with some mass appeal, with intelligence. Hopefully

All that said, check out Canadian artist LeRiche - the performing name of Brad Leriche, from Newfoundland and Labrador. As I've already written a bunch - granted, not related to the song, but still - I don't want to say too much else.

So, I'll cheat and use a shortcut - if you like Ed Sheeran, Noah Kahan, Passenger, SYML or similar sounds, you might really love this one. It's from LeRiche's X-Dreamer EP. Check out "Nomadic Heart". Think you'll be glad you did. If you like it, tip your friends off and look really hip... ;-)




Let me know what you think! Comment below or send email to glowinthedarkradio {at} gmail {dot} com. Or stop by http://facebook.com/MikeLuoma or http://twitter.com/MikeLuoma and say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment